Savage Worlds: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura
Shakar, the Orcish God of War
Shakar was an ancient god, worshipped by almost all orcish tribes before the Age of Legends. Shakar was a frightening creature, with the head of a ram, four arms, and the tail of a scorpion. For many years orcs sacrificed their first born to Shakar, who demanded the first and best of everything. Orcish lore says that Shakar changed his mind about the sacrifices when he saw that the orcs were truly warlike and then demanded only the finest weapons as offerings. Traditionally, these were bone-handled knives and swords…bone to represent Shakar’s great horns, and tempered steel to represent his will.
Often an itinerant adventurer will discover the ruins of an ancient orcish tribe, and invariably they will find such bone-handled weapons among them. The Orcs were very serious about their god, and they carried such weapons to remind them of his ferocity.
- Alignment: Darker
- Aspects: War, battle, bone, steel, courage.
- Powers: Armor, barrier, beast friend, blast, bolt, boost/lower trait (Strength, Vigor and combat skills only), deflection, detect/ conceal arcana, damaging field*, entangle, environmental protection, fear, fly, light, obscure, pummel, shape change (fighting animals only), smite, speed, warrior’s gift*.
- Duties: To fight with bravery, to slay enemies of the faith, to defend clerics of the faith, to never surrender when you know yourself to be victorious.
- Sins: (Minor) showing mercy to an inferior foe, being beaten in combat by an equal or superior foe; (Major) fleeing a fight against an inferior opponent, being beaten in combat without good cause; (Mortal) surrendering without a fight.
* = Found in Fantasy Companion
Complete list of available spells can be found here.