Savage Worlds: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura
Halcyon, the god of Truth
All of the pagan religions had a notion of ultimate good, and the god Halcyon represented that good in all of them. He is best known as the god of truth, and is the child of Helion, god of light, and the sun. Halcyon was said to shed light on all that was unknown, all that was petty or evil. Halcyon is the god of the sky, and astrologers and clairvoyants pray to him, seeking his wisdom in reading the signs and the stars.
Offerings made to Halcyon were always the branch of the olive tree, which are most difficult to find in light of the destruction of the Morbihan Forest.
- Aspects: Good, truth, sky, sun, light.
- Powers: Armor, banish, barrier, bless/curse, bolt, boost/lower trait, burst, concentrate*, deflection, detect/ conceal arcana, dispel, divination, elemental manipulation (Air), entangle, environmental protection, farsight, fly, greater healing, healing, light, quickness, shape change, smite, speak language, speed, stun, telekinesis, teleport.
- Duties: To promote the cause of good, to bring light into the world, to oppose the forces of darkness, to ensure justice is served fairly.
- Sins: (Minor) not welcoming the sun each morning, performing an evil act, lying; (Major) permanently blinding a foe, refusing to fight the forces of darkness; (Mortal) willfully aiding the forces of darkness.
* = Found in Fantasy Companion
Complete list of available spells can be found here.